With over 40% of hiring managers choosing CULTURE FIT over SKILLS when determining who gets the job, knowing how to play to this side of things is key. Here are some tips!
Here are some frequently asked employer questions on culture fit (according to a recent HBR article):
• What type of culture do you thrive in? (Does the response reflect your organizational culture?)
• What values are you drawn to and what’s your ideal workplace?
• Why do you want to work here?
• How would you describe our culture based on what you’ve seen? Is this something that works for you?
• What best practices would you bring with you from another organization? Do you see yourself being able to implement these best practices in our environment?
• Tell me about a time when you worked with/for an organization where you felt you were not a strong culture fit. Why was it a bad fit?