WHAT’S YOUR “WHY?” KEY CAREER QUESTIONS TO ASK:
CORE STRENGTH QUESTION:
Ask yourself: “AM I PRIMARILY…”
a) THE TALENT
Your answer is your CORE STRENGTH.
Now, what would be a path that would allow you to start dipping into one or both of the other areas? This should inform your career direction.
ROOT MOTIVATION QUESTIONS
- Think of a time when you were performing at your best. What were you doing? What were you saying, thinking and feeling? What was going on around you?
- List the top ten things in life that give you joy. What common themes do you notice?
- What are three accomplishments you are most proud of? What are your natural strengths that you love to use?
- Think about times that you have gotten angry/upset/irritated. What core personal value(s) were not being met?
- Who is the one person you admire the most? What would that person advise you to do?
- What do you dislike the most about your current or past work?
- What would happen in your career if we doubled your self-belief? What if we quadrupled it?
DAILY LIFE CHECK-IN QUESTIONS:
- What am I consuming? Reading, listening, watching. How much of it is actively helping me GROW?
- Who do I spend time with? Assess the 5 people you interact with most frequently professionally. Are they people to aspire to, or people who are holding you back?
- Who are my role models? Am I directly interacting with them, following them on social media, taking their courses? How am I “drifting” behind those who have already succeeded at what I wish to do?
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN QUESTIONS:
- What do you want to achieve with your career?
- How much time are you prepared to spend on your career?
- What skills do you need to develop?
- What resources will you need?
- Where can you get support or advice?
- What type of person do you need to be?
- What is your motivation?